Pet Acupuncture in Mandeville, LA
Acupuncture in both animals and humans involves the insertion of tiny needles into specific points of the body to produce a healing response. Every acupuncture point is related to specific actions when stimulated. Acupuncture has been used in veterinary medicine around the world in many species of animals. Today, acupuncture is used around the world in virtually every species of animal. Clinical research has shown positive results in both animals and humans.
How We Support Your Pet:
- Traditional and Holistic Treatment Options
- A Team That Is Knowledgeable and Skilled in Acupuncture
- A Safe and Gentle Treatment That Helps the Body Heal Itself
What Types of Acupuncture Do You Offer?
In addition to traditional acupuncture, we are proud to offer the following:
- Electroacupuncture increases stimulation through electrical frequencies to specific areas within your pet's body. Studies have shown that this treatment can be beneficial for treating paralysis.
- Laser Acupuncture is an alternative to traditional needle-based acupuncture. The low-level lasers we use do not produce any heat and can help regenerate cells, decrease pain, reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and even stimulate hair growth. Laser Acupuncture is gentle and is often well suited for young, old, or nervous pets.
- Aquapuncture: Aquapuncture is the injection of fluids into acupuncture points. Often this is the injection of Vitamin B12 or homeopathics or Vitamin B12 with homeopathics together. Often we will combine aquapuncture with spinal manipulation to maximize the benefits of the adjustment.
What Conditions Can Be Treated With Acupuncture?
Acupuncture can be used to treat a wide range of conditions in animals. For dogs and cats, we may recommend acupuncture for some of the following:
- Musculoskeletal issues including arthritis
- Respiratory issues
- Skin issues
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Endocrine disorders
- Allergic dermatitis and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)